Emptying out my notebook with an odds-‘n-ends podcast. Traveling between Phoenix, Denver and Chicago this week, I manage a 50-degree temperature drop and have the TSA reject a checked chain saw. However, I haven’t had to take my shoes off for two weeks — are we seeing the end of the shoe carnival? We also talk about the fourth quarter tactics around re-up’ing frequent traveler status, clothing problems, and update the results of our Best US Airline poll. Here’s a link to the podcast file.
Here are the show notes from TravelCommons podcast #18:
- Intro music — Warmth by Makkina
- Triangulating through Phoenix and Denver — crossing from sand to snow in an a day
- Direct link to the TSA’s Permitted and Prohibited list
- Bridge music — Soul Traveling by the Australian band Stingray from the Podsafe Music Network
- Direct link to Gary Bembridge’s My Travel Reviews podcast
- Bridge Music — Hotel California by the Eagles
- Requalifying for frequent flier and frequent sleeper programs
- Bridge Music — Flyin’ Shoes by Lyle Lovett
- End of the TSA shoe carnival?
- How do you test for “travelability” when buying clothes?
- Bridge Music — Good is Good by Sheryl Crow
- An update on our Best US Airline pol
- Closing music — Ramblin’ Man by the Allman Brothers Band
- Feedback at comments[at]travelcommons.com, the comment board on podcastalley.com, or right here in the comments section below
- Here’s a link to the podcast file